Monday 5 May 2014

One of those days....

You know those days? When there isn't enough coffee/wine/chocolate/add vice here in the world to help you through the day? It's been one of those days here. A baby that just keeps screaming no matter how many cuddles you give her. No matter how many songs you sing her turned up loud so you can't hear the cries. A middle child that has become a middle child, not getting the attention she needs even though you are trying your absolute hardest to not let it happen. The big, big sister who has become rude and nasty to pretty well everyone even though you thought you had raised her to be kind and caring to others. An Elsa dress needed by Saturday and there is no fuel in the car to go to Spotlight to get the stuff for it and there is no way you want to go and get fuel because you can't face putting the baby in and out, in and out the car. Four other birthday presents that need to be made to finish off the 7 birthday parties in 4 weeks. A husband that keeps getting teary phone calls and "I can't do this" text messages. And a mummy that feels like she is the worst mummy ever because she just can't do it all...

5 comments:

  1. Oh love!! You're not alone. I still have days like that and my fourth baby is 8 months now. Remember we can't "do it all" ... kids are going through the adjustment time just like us.
    Be kind to yourself. Start saying no to things (birthday parties for example haha!) & if you can ask anyone to help with anything then ask. People are always happy to help if you ask. It was hard for me as I thought I was weak in admitting I needed help. It was humbling. But you will get through it. Yes you will!
    Try to get out for an hour on your own too if you can. You're doing a fabulous job, take it slow and go easy on yourself and the kids . xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =D Power to you with four, I still can't quite wrap my head around three. Amazing you are!

      Delete
    2. LOL! I'm not sure how I do it either. ;) Taking each day as it comes. My older two are girls and great helpers which makes my life a tad easier. You are amazing too btw. :)

      Delete
  2. aw... a tough day that... hope it was just a bad day and everything's better now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better! It's still sort of the same, but learning to accept it more I guess. It's funny how some days you can accept things and other days the same things you just can't take! thank you =)

      Delete