Tuesday 29 January 2013

Quilty, Quilty, Quilt. Now the word sounds weird.

So I'm in the midst of a chevron quilt for my youngest right now. I totally suck at quilting but for some reason I still really enjoy it! I guess it's that thrill of turning little squares into awesome patterns with nothing but thread...or something like that anyway.

I've used a mix of "sherbet pips" and "the simple life" by Riley Blake. Also a few bits of what I had on hand as I didn't quite have enough of certain colours to get my pattern right :) my daughters room has a blue, pink and red palette and it took me awhile to find a line with just the right colours. I'm even going to be brave and try hand quilting this one!!! Not a fan of wrestling it through the machine!

My husband is still in the process of fixing our computer so excuse the iPhone photos! I'll post more when I finish too!

P.S. I haven't figured out how to put my photos IN the text yet...sorry :/



No comments:

Post a Comment